Congratulations!! You did it! You studied, you practiced and you did it!! You passed & got your driver's license and now you have FREEDOM!! And we are pretty sure you have heard it from the adults in your life, "with that freedom comes great responsibility."
Yup, it's true. Driving is such an awesome responsibility and now it is yours. What are you gonna do with it? Drive safely right? We certainly hope so.
Did you get a car for your 17th birthday? You must have a ton of questions? What type of insurance do I need? Does my parents' policy cover me when I am driving their car, or only my car? Do I need my own policy? Great questions and we are here to answer them for you. Give us a shout at 732-280-2800 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org ~ check us out on facebook and message us your questions or tweet us! We are here and can help you out (or your parents!) during this exciting time!
Teen Driver? Call us today to review your auto insurance and get a free car wash!
Free PJs Carwash in Spring Lake Heights!
Refer a friend ~ you both get a free car wash!
Like us on Facebook to find out all sorts of cool info about driving around town & about the Jersey Shore.
- Kids Health
really cool website about teen driving!
- Behind the Wheel Documentaries
Two public television documentaries that follow newly licensed teens and their parents to see what happens when they get behind the wheel.
- Parent-Teen Driving Contract
A guide to help you and your parentsagree and commit to driving rules and the consequences of breaking them.
- Tips for teen drivers
Tips to help you make smart decisions while driving.
- Picking out a safe car
Important tips to follow when choosing a safe car.
How can I cut the cost of car insurance?
(you might wanna share this with your mom or dad!)
Talk about these 5 Keys to driving before you hand over the keys!
- Keep those grades up - get Good Student discounts!
How? If you are at least 16 years of age, and a full-time high school, college or university student (12 hours), you must be in the upper 20% of your class or maintain "B" average.
- Complete Drivers Ed - and be ready to prove it! any driver under 21 years old must show "Satisfactory Evidence" that you have successfully completed a driver education course (probably took that in school, right?)
- Insist on More Supervised Driving - Wow, thought you were done with mom or dad driving with you? Well, technically you are, but studies show that an increased number of hours of supervised training improves your recognition and response to driving situations. (Waller, P.F.; Olk, M.L.; and Shope, J.T. 2000. Parental views of and experience with Michigan's graduated licensing program. Journal of Safety Research 31:9-15) And remember, safety is the name of the game!
- Restrict nighttime driving - Scary stats about night time driving. Might wanna stick to day time for a little while! Nighttime restrictions significantly reduce fatal crash rates and insurance losses. "Driving restrictions beginning at 9 pm cut fatal crashes an estimated 18 percent versus no restrictions. The reduction was 12 percent where 15-17 year-olds' driving was limited after midnight." You'll get there, practice, practice, practice!
- Limit Passengers - More stats...Passenger restriction significantly reduce fatal crash rates and insurance losses. For example, the fatal crash rate of 15-17 year-olds was 21 percent lower when the beginners were prohibited from having any teenage passengers in their cars versus allowing 2 or more. Allowing only 1 passenger reduced the rate by 7 percent.
- Limit Distractions - it's everywhere - don't text & drive! Can't say that enough! Dialing a cell phone while driving makes -the risk of crash or near-crash event 2.8 times as high as non-distracted driving. Totally not worth that phone call! Definitely not worth that text! Hang up and drive!!
Refer a friend - you both get a free car wash!
So congratulations and way to go! Be safe and have fun driving at the Jersey Shore! Not sure if you have the right coverage or have questions? Call us at 732-280-2800 or email us at email@example.com Give us a shout on facebook or tweet us!
Governors Highway Safety Association - State-by-State overview of state highway safety laws (includes graduated drivers license laws and cell phone usage laws)
Insurance Information Institute - Great info for teen drivers!
Want more info....Check out - Travelers Insurance