The winter season is almost here, which means that you’ll probably want to prepare your car before snow begins to fall. The following are a few tips regarding how to prepare your car for winter:
- Go to the mechanic – Have your car’s battery, heater, brakes, defroster, thermostat and antifreeze level all checked. These are all things you will want to have in good condition for the upcoming winter!
- Inspect your tires – Check the tread on your tires. If the tread is worn down, have your tires replaced. Consider replacing them with snow tires to provide your car with better traction on snowy roads.
- Keep gas in the tank – Always make sure you have at least half a tank of gas in your car throughout winter to reduce condensation and to make it easier to start.
- Put a bag of sand in the trunk – If you have a rear-wheel vehicle, a bag of sand in the trunk will help create traction if your cars get stuck.
- Put together an emergency kit – You won’t want to go driving without a spare tire, a first-aid kit, bottled water, blankets, a flashlight, a portable radio, batteries and a fully charged cell phone. If an accident occurs or you get stranded, you’ll be prepared.
These are just a few tips on how to prepare your car for winter that you should use. For information or advice about buying car insurance, be sure to contact us at CCW Insurance today.
Image Source: morgueFile