Renter’s Insurance: It Helps Protect You and Your Stuff!
You may not think that you need insurance on your apartment, since you do not own it, but in most situations, the property management company will not be held liable for damage to your possessions.
Renters insurance works much the same way Homeowners insurance does…except it’s tailored to renters (thus the name). When you rent, you might think that the Landlord’s insurance covers you and your stuff too. But that is NOT the case! Your Landlord’s insurance is only there to cover them and their property…not yours.
Why Renters Insurance? Your landlord may require you to carry renters insurance, but there are several reasons we recommend purchasing a policy even if it is not required:
1. Protection for Your Possessions. Including your furniture, clothing, jewelry, and electronics— whether your items are in or away from your home. Did you know… renter’s insurance can cover items stolen from your car? That sure brings peace of mind while doing your Christmas shopping!
2. Loss of Property Caused by:
- Fire, lightning, wind or hail
- Smoke damage, theft
- Leakage or overflow of water, freezing of plumbing or HVAC, and more.
4. Reasonable Cost. In many cases, renters insurance is a real bargain considering the coverage. Policies may be as low as $110!
We will make it easy to protect your rented home and your possessions today!!