Secondary or vacation homes often have greater exposure to loss since the home owner is not present for extended periods of time. Here are some tips to follow to reduce the chance of suffering a loss to your secondary home.
- Ask a neighbor or the police to periodically check your home for any problems.
- Use programmable interior and exterior lighting, with varying times, to make it appear the home is continuously occupied.
- Utilize the services of a burglar alarm system with a central reporting feature.
- Turn off the water to the home if possible to reduce the chances of an undetected water loss.
- Store valuables in a safety deposit box.
- Utilize the occasional services of a house sitter to check for interior leaks or signs of other problems.
Give a call today at 732-280-2800 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss the right protection for your secondary home.