PURPOSE OF THIS NOTICE
Title V of the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA) generally prohibits any financial institution, directly or through its affiliates, from sharing nonpublic personal information about you with a non-affiliated third party unless the institution provides you with a notice of its privacy policies and practices, such as the type of information that it collects about you and the categories of persons or entities to whom it may be disclosed. In compliance with the GLBA, we are providing you with this document, which notifies you of the privacy policies and practices of Connelly-Campion-Wright.
OUR PRIVACY POLICIES AND PRACTICES
Information we collect:
We may collect nonpublic personal information about you from the following sources:
- Information we receive from you on applications or other forms.
- Information about your transactions with our affiliates others or us.
- Information we receive from a consumer-reporting agency.
- Information we receive from a motor vehicle department.
We may collect nonpublic personal information from individuals other than those proposed for coverage.
Information we may disclose to third parties:
We do not disclose any nonpublic personal information about our customers or former customers to anyone, except as permitted by law.
In the course of our general business practices, we may disclose the information that we collect (as described above) about you or others without your permission to the following types of institutions for the reasons described:
- To an insurance institution, agent, or credit reporting agency in order to detect or prevent criminal activity, fraud or misrepresentation in connection with an insurance transaction;
- To an insurance institution, agent, or credit reporting agency for either this agency or the entity to whom we disclose the information to perform a function in connection with an insurance transaction involving you;
- To a medical care institution or medical professional in order to verify coverage or benefits, inform you of a medical problem of which you may not be aware, or conduct an audit that would enable us to verify treatment;
- To an insurance regulatory authority, law enforcement, or other governmental authority in order to protect our interests in preventing or prosecuting fraud, or if we believe that you have conducted illegal activities;
- To a group policyholder for the purpose of reporting claims experience or conducting an audit of our operations or services;
- To an actuarial or research organization for the purpose of conducting actuarial or research studies.
Right to access and amend personal information:
You have the right to access and correct your personal information that we record about you. For further information on this right please contact us.
Our practices regarding information confidentiality and security:
We restrict access to nonpublic personal information about you to those employees who need to know that information in order to provide products or services to you. We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with federal regulations to guard your nonpublic personal information.