Spring is the time when many people at the Jersey Shore consider sprucing up their homes and property. However, before you hire the first contractor who knocks on your door offering to help with your projects, there are a few things you should consider:
Before you do anything, call us - 732-280-2800. WHY? Because if you decide to make considerable alterations to your home or property, we will need to review your policy to make sure that you still have coverages that are adequate to your needs.
1. If a contractor drives around your neighborhood or approaches you at home, be dubious.
2. Take your time making a decision, espcially if someone pressures you to make a quick decision about fixing something he or she pointed out to you around your home.
3. Be cautious if you can't get a straight answer for the individual.
4. If someone refuses to take a check for the work, insists that the check be made out to the individual rather than a company, or wants too much money before the project starts.
So what is the process of hiring a good trustworthy contractor...and yes there are plenty out there. Give us a call and we can refer you to a New Jersey contractor that we deem trustworthy and fair.
- Get an estimate in writing
- Take the time to check references
- Contact your local Better Business Bureau to verify the contractor's work history
- Verify the contractor's licenses & insurance
In addition, if the contractor has employees, ask for a certificate of worker's compensation insurance. That way, injured employees are covered if they get hurt while working on your property.
Before you start your next home project, get in touch with us today for a detail review of your situation. We'll help you determine what's right for you! Call CCW Insurance at 732-280-2800 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We are here to answer ANY questions about your insurance policy and about your potential contractor's coverages.
We also invite you to follow us on twitter.com/ccwinsurance and on facebook.com/ccwinsurance.